Chartered Insurance Brokers
Our chartered status
Turner Insurance Group is proud to hold the prestigious Chartered Insurance Broker title.
This title is only awarded to firms committed to developing and maintaining the knowledge and capability of their people, in order that they can deliver the highest quality advice.
Chartered firms must also follow a demanding code of ethical practice, to work in a manner that places the clients’ interests at the heart of the advice they give.
Chartered status – granted by the Privy Council – is the industry’s gold standard for insurance brokers and is currently met by fewer than 200 firms across the country.
Why you should use a firm of Chartered Insurance Brokers
Chartered status brings with it serious obligations. We are required to ensure the advice, service and ongoing support we provide to you is:
- The highest quality
- Based solely on your researched needs
- Provided by someone operating within their level of competency
We meet our obligations in a number of ways
- A commitment to the technical and professional development of staff, such as through professional qualifications
- All staff members who deal with customers belong to the industry’s professional body, the CII, and adhere to its Code of Ethics, which is enforced through disciplinary sanctions
- We adhere to the CII’s continuing professional development requirements, ensuring our staff keep their knowledge and skill-set up-to-date.
A Chartered title is a commitment to an overall standard of customer excellence and professionalism.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) is the independent watchdog set up by government under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 to regulate financial services in the UK, and protect the rights of retail customers.
The FCA aims are to promote efficient, orderly and fair markets, help retail consumers achieve a fair deal and improve business capability and effectiveness.
The FCA regulates the financial services industry and has four objectives under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000:
- Maintaining market confidence
- Promoting public understanding of the financial system
- Securing the appropriate degree of protection of consumers
- Fighting financial crime
Turner Insurance Services Ltd t/as Turner Insurance Group is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in respect of all General Insurance and Life and Pensions transactions.
FCA Reference Number – 457721
Company Registration Number – 04338485